In June 1992, the first Legionaries of Christ arrived in Seville with the mission of founding a school. After two years of intense work, after processing the building permits and searching, the first academic year began in September 1994.
The Highlands School of Seville thus began its history in a house located on Avenida de la Palmera. The headmistress was Catalina Náder, a consecrated member of Regnum Christi (Apostolic Movement of the Legionaries of Christ). With only 55 children in three classes: infant, 1st kindergarten and 2nd kindergarten. The school years passed normally, until the foundation stone was laid on 22nd January 1995 in the grounds of Montequinto, the current site of the school, with the assistance and blessing of Bishop Carlos Amigo. The 1996-1997 academic year was the first to be held in Montequinto.
In the academic year 2001-02 the secondary stage was inaugurated and during the academic year 2004-05 the Baccalaureate stage was inaugurated.
In the 2005-06 academic year the first generation left the school to study at university. Throughout these years the school has grown and consolidated its infrastructures, ideology and organisation, with a wide variety of activities that make Highlands a living family.
In 2010 and 2014 our school has been number 1 in the Selectividad exams in Seville.
The number of pupils has been increasing over the years, currently there are more than 1400 pupils in the school.