La misión del Departamento de Orientación Psicopedagógica es contribuir a hacer realidad el acompañamiento personal de cada alumno. Con este fin, los psicólogos y psicopedagogos que lo integran asesoran a los alumnos, al resto de formadores y a las familias para que, atendiendo a sus necesidades individuales, les ayuden a alcanzar la mejor versión de sí mismos. (Doc. Misión de los Colegios RC España, art. 124)
Our psycho-pedagogical guidance department is made up of six professionals: two graduates in psychology, two others in pedagogy and speech therapy and two teachers dedicated exclusively to accompanying pupils who require support and reinforcement in their daily needs in order to keep up with the pace of the classes.
- Support and advice on the methodology of our school to prevent learning difficulties. Especially in the creation of materials and plans to improve the most important skills for learning: reading plan, spelling, written expression, reading comprehension, etc.
- Detection of students who may have learning difficulties through classroom observation, group and individual tests, interviews, teacher training.
- Development of individual educational support plans for pupils with or without Specific Educational Support Needs (SEN) but who need special support in their learning.
- Monitoring of the educational support plans, evolution of our students and variation of the plans according to the needs. To carry out these actions we have three support teachers in the Infant and Primary stages.
Tutorial action plan
Coordination and elaboration of tutorial action plans for each course, developing essential competences such as:
- Emotional education.
- Social skills.
- Prevention and intervention programme in possible cases of bullying.
- Study habits.
- Vocational guidance.
- Workshops with external professionals who help us to address more specific issues: social networks, drug use/abuse, internet, video game addictions, cyberbullying, identity theft, etc.
*This is in line with the programme approach of the Asociación de Disciplina Positiva ( www.disciplinapositivaespana.com )
Psychopedagogical counselling for families
- We provide support through individual tutorials with pupils and families.
- Coordination, preparation and participation in the Parents’ School.
- Communication and individualised monitoring in the case of pupils with specific difficulties.
Evaluation and monitoring of students
- Assessment of new students entering the centre.
- Application of institutional group tests.
- Individual assessment of students when required.
Vocational Guidance Programme
The school offers students a Vocational Guidance Plan which begins in 3rd year of ESO and ends with the choice of a university degree in 2nd year of Bachillerato. Our activities include:
- Group psycho-pedagogical tests.
- Work Experience.
- University week.
- Round table with former students.
- Professional workshops (with the support of many of our students’ parents) on employment and vocational sectors.
Coordination with external teams
- Recommendation by the Guidance Department to parents of external centres, according to the specific needs of each pupil.
- Regular communication with these centres to coordinate the work being done with the pupil and thus obtain the best attention.